Thursday netpd Jams @ 9pm (GMT)

Had a great jam with beem and leon. Here is the link for the recording. Be careful, my pd crashed during the jam with loud distortion, it is still in the end of the first file.

Edit: Nevermind about the loud distortion, I edited the file and removed the loud/dangerous clipping part

1 Like

Here are the recordings for today’s jam.

It was a cool one, especially towards the end.

1 Like

Who else in this? There is no tag info.

Interesting that this is more of a jam format than what rdz, depa and I have been doing for years. We tended to loop for an hour or two building a track which would be recorded in a separate 6-8 minute take, whereas this is a track which evolves, even discarding earlier elements in order to change direction. I only had a quick scan but look forward to hearing it properly all the way through.

Am keen to resume jamming this Thursday but 9pm GMT is 6am here in Sydney. Couldn’t be more inconvenient for me :frowning:

Thanks for uploading. I would like to play snippets of this on my ambient radio station if you don’t mind it being snipped. If you are OK with that, which artist names shall I attribute it to? And can you think of a title? (I always attribute the netpd jam date anyhow but a name is easier to remember)

Hey sqgl,
Honestly, I can’t remember who exactly was on this, but I know Beem and I were on it. I can’t remember the rest. I think it may be a good idea to wait on the rest of the artists to chime in to play it. I personally don’t mind, but I don’t know about how the other artists feel.

1 Like

Nice recording, generous amounts of dynamic and frequency space while still exploring a wide variety of timbres. Who else was in this jam? I chose the last 6 minutes to play on my radio. Hope to join you again soon Depa.

Did you chat at the time in Discord or Discourse or IRC (where there would be logs) or was it only in the netpd chat.pd?

The other people involved last week were ‘eti’ @etienne_conod and ‘b2g’. I’m more than happy for any netpd music I’m involved in to be shared on the radio - what’s the station by the way?

If you want to schedule a session that would run in the morning european time, evening Syndey time, I could manage joining that now and then.

b2g = Brandflake?

Thursdays were the only day rdz could make it. I usually don’t care which day but the hours simply need to be compatible (your morning, my evening). Are daytimes during the week possible for you or does it have to be weekend?

I do not mind at all that the tracks I sat in on are being played at your lovely station, sqgl! I am available for jams if it is not when the rooster crows.

Thanks Eti. Oh, and Beem the radio is ambient music so I don’t want to push it too much because not everyone is into that style. It influenced the jams with rdz and depa because it felt good to share with the public so we often jammed with airplay in mind. It is not big deal: averaging four listeners around the clock with more than half of them being regulars.

I am happy to jam whatever style in netpd but if it happens to fit my station also then I will play recordings there. Ultimately I feel that we are our most important audience… especially those in the jam. Sharing with the outside world I consider a bonus but I am ideologically driven to play unsigned artists alongside the famous ones.

There are two other radio stations at the bottom of my Covid page, one of which is Roman’s 90’s FM radio archives and the other is an ex music partner’s which plays a range from ambient to minimal techno.

b2g = Brian G Gilson, an audio-visual artist from the UK. He let me know that he’s happy for the recordings he’s involved in to be shared and broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brianggilson/videos http://www.brianggilson.co.uk/

So it was four of you jamming! Wow, that is quite a turnout.

daytime sessions in the week or weekends are both possible for me if i have enough notice.

enjoying replayscape by the way!

Am glad you like what you’ve heard of the radio so far.

As you are aware Beem we Rdz and I got together for our first jam in 8 months last week. I will be available this Thursday if rdz (and/or you are). We started at 5pm Sydney time last week which would be OK again for me this week.

Last week’s recording is here. The first couple of minutes are a noise/static intro (we often have long intros to allow for crossfades when we give airplay on the radio).

OK! That’s 9am in France so I should be able to make it then.

1 Like

I enjoyed last week but don’t know if I can make it this week. 25% chance I make it. Attention @beem @rdz

1 Like

Am available tomorrow (Thursday 24th September) 5pm Sydney time. Attention @beem @rdz and anyone else.

I’ll try to be there!

1 Like

I need to know someone will be available for Jam tomorrow if I am to commit. Don’t want to take my paper when I visit Mum in nursing home for nothing. If I read here that one of you are definitely keen then I will do it.

EDIT: For the record, there was no jam