Bon-plucker weird

had some very nasty amplitude explosions using bon-plucker. Can not point to why. Freaky though!

Yes, I sometimes get the same thing (ow) - as I understand it, it’s when it gets a few high notes. With these sort of physical models I think it’s a self-oscillating feedback problem. Perhaps it could be fixed with a scaling of the note volume relative to the midi note/frequency.

(To make things clear on the forum I wonder if we should have a thread for each instrument with their respective problems and maybe also tips on how to use them and so on. Or a thread just dedicated to these kind of glitches…)

these things scare me.
it hints to us that we’re living in the matrix.

the sweet topic of glitches… i keep coming back
i think if they occurred in reality it would be more handleable. has anyone seen the matrix movie?

I have neither noticed this bon-plucker glitch nor seen any black cats reappear.

Perhaps see if you can reproduce the problem using latch. That way you can share the set with @rdz so that he can debug.

I probably won’t be going to debug bon-plucker. This instrument was written by syntax_the_nerd back in the old netpd days and I ported it to the netpd rewrite. It’s kinda in the nature of this instrument that it is very delicate with high pitches. It might not easy to make it “safe” without it sounding differently. There is also zupfr which also tries to emulate a plucked string.